Thursday, October 23, 2008

Where you used to be, there is a hole in the world, which I find myself constantly walking around in the daytime, and falling in at night. -Millay

Since I am out of town…just a one nighter actually going home today…I wanted to write about Bey. I miss my guy. He is the person that fills the room up for me. Of course I am thinking about all of this because I am worried he is going to be jetting off to Phoenix without me. I want him to get the job. I know it would be best for us if he were to get the job. I just don't want to be left by myself indefinitely. I can handle life by myself, I lived alone until 2005. But it will be tough to stick it out in Mississippi if my heart is in Phoenix, AZ.

So time for a little introspection…how much of this is I am going to miss him, and how much is me just not wanting to be left behind? I woke up the other morning, and I was ready to move to Phoenix. There is not anything wrong with Mississippi, and I am going to miss so many things about it. One of my favorite things about Mississippi is when you tell people you live there they feel the need to spell it for you, and they can't just spell it "M-I-S-S" etc. They spell it like this "M-I-Crooked Letter-Crooked Letter-I" I love it. I tell people I am from Mississippi all the time just so that they will spell it to me. I am sure I will find little joys like that in Phoenix too, but really that gets me every time.

Dissertation is coming along. Not as rapidly or as completely as I would like. However it is moving…I guess I should be happy that I am chugging along. But mostly I am just impatient. Bey said to me the other day. "I do not know why you are rushing. Lots of people take 7 years to finish." SO help me Bey if you ever utter that phrase around me again…I am going to be a widow. ;) I am rushing because if I stop for a fraction of a second I am going to collapse. I might not get up and get started again which would be a terrible thing. That is truly why I am working so hard. There is no two ways about it.

I am working entirely too much. I really need to be working about 25% less. Other than that my cup runneth over!

0 Mad Ramblings: