Friday, December 12, 2008

If I have to die young, I want it to be in a meeting...That way, the transition from life to death will be as seamless as possible.

Yawn! Still sick...absolutely no better. Which means I now have cabin fever, but don't feel well enough to leave. NICE!

I went and ran a few errands today. I managed to make it to 2 errands. T-W-O! Then I came back home whimpering and crawled back in bed prepared for a nap.

Dear Bey, you know it takes me FOREVER to get to sleep. So when I tell you that I am tired and am taking a nap and I am sick, why would you come home in the middle of the day? It was sweet. It was a nice gesture. But then when I acted like a crab because I have only been asleep for 10 minutes why are you surprised? Love, IPG

Because the semester is wrapping up...I have to discuss a few of my students. I have 3 separate variety of students. I will break them down by type...
Type 1 students- These are my very best students, and they want the very best from me. I love these students I would like to have 10 per class.
Type 2 students- These are pretty good students. I don't hear from them much. But they turn their work in on time. They do a pretty good job. I like these students. I wish I got to know them more.
Type 3 students- These are the students that turn everything or at least some things in late all term. They always have an excuse, and come the end of term they will either "forget" their term paper, or will be "confused" about the directions. Then they will belligerently get mad at me because I did not make this clear to them. It doesn't matter that they haven't turned anything in since 2 weeks before Thanksgiving. Oh and by the way...I know it is the end of term, but can I make up week 2's quiz? I have been dealing with 2 of these very special students today. I usually have the patience of Job when it comes to my students, but today I am sick of being sick. Mr. and Ms. Type 3 today...get with the program you have until SUNDAY to get your work in...and I am off in a puff of orange smoke!

1 Mad Ramblings:

Anonymous said...

I, for one, agree.