Friday, January 23, 2009

Goodbye and Thank You President Bush



I have been too busy to post this blog post this week. So it is a tad late, but better late than never.

Dear President Bush:

I voted for you in 2000, and stayed up all night as the election results rolled in. (At the time I had a very left leaning roommate that stayed up with me as we argued). I voted for you again in 2004 when I lived in God Bless Texas! I mourned with you on 9/11 and was so very glad that you were the leader of this nation during that tragic time.

I got married in 2005. I was so happy that you were the president that sent me my nuptial congratulations. I wished that I actually knew you, and would like to go hang out in Crawford with you. You seem like the kind of person I see eye to eye with most of the time. I watched as you were a fantastic dad to your daughters, and I prayed for you and all the tough decisions you have had to make for the last 8 years. You and your family will remain in my heart and prayers.

I do not care what your critics say. I think you are a man with a backbone of steel and you make decisions that are tough to make. Thank you President Bush for your service to this country.

PLEASE NOTE:
I very rarely get political on the blog. While I voted for McCain, I will support Obama as president of this great nation. I will be praying for the Obama family as well. Because I so rarely get political here I would ask that any Bush naysayers please refrain from anti-Bush comments. Whether you agree with the man or not...he served this country for the last 8 years, and deserves respect. Just like our new president Obama...you won't see me spouting Anti-Obama politics on here either. I don't blindly follow a leader, but I do believe that no matter who they are our president deserves our respect.

3 Mad Ramblings:

Anonymous said...

This reminds me of that election night and my damn cable went out. No TV, no internet, no nothing. I was livid and had to go to a friend's to watch election results. As it turned out there were no results for quite a while! I am SO glad Bush was president when 911 happened and we have stayed safe since that time. I worry about what the future will bring in terms of our economy and terrorism. So far (and I realize it's early) the signs from this new administration don't look so good. Just my opinion. We'll see.

Whoa ! said...

i had a post in my blog about the "obama mania" and i feel the people should let the president alone from sometime. Too much expectations when fail, hurt too badly....and i am with you madam on your thoughts on president bush. He does the desrve all the respect in the world.He came during a recession and went during one. It is not a idle time for one to be the president of the united states at such times...

Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree more. Obama will have the same respect I give to President Clinton and Carter, but I am already nervous of his decisions..aka gitmo. blah.

The first election I could vote in, I was never more proud to vote for President Bush.