Monday, January 5, 2009

If it is Monroe, LA then it must be Monday

Day one project bootcamp....
UGH did I mention how tired I am? I just spent the last 2 weeks enjoying family, relaxing, spending quality time not just with my husband, but my stepdaughter, parents and sister. New York was amazing, and I love watching the city through someone who has never seen its eyes.

I miss my stepdaughter. I was sitting with a friend of mine and her daughter came and curled up next to me on the couch. It made me ridiculously sad, and more motivated than ever to spend more time with SD. She called me today and left me a voicemail and I just couldn't help but thinking why couldn't she be on the other side of town rather than the other side of the country!

What's on tap the coming months? I'll be living in Miami. I am going to spend like 60 days down there. I will be working on my dissertation with out interruption as well as doing some grant work.

I have a game plan for my dissertation so that is a step forward from where I was yesterday. More updates to follow....

0 Mad Ramblings: