Tuesday, January 27, 2009

They didn't want it good, they wanted it Wednesday. - Robert A. Heinlein

So technically it is Tuesday night. But I didn't get back around to logging in again until a bit after midnight...so it is actually Wednesday. Not that the date is all that important.

Ok first of all...my meeting. I was panicked about my meeting for absolutely no good reason. Literally no good reason. I met with my advisor. I am on track to propose likely the week for February 23...this is excellent news. I have a list of 7 things I have to get done on my proposal before tomorrow. Then I will give it to my advisor to review. After a week's review...if there are no major changes my committee gets it for 10 days. I am not sure if these are calendar days...or business days. ANYWAY...no matter. If I don't get any input from them I will be ready to propose. Timeline wise that works out to around February 23rd ish. THEN I will get my tail in gear. I will submit all my paperwork to IRB so that I can collect my data.

Ideal timeline from here forward:
January 28 Get revisions to advisor
February 3 Receive any revisions from advisor
February 4/5 Send proposal out to committee
February 19ish receive comments from committee
February 23- 27th ish Propose
February 23- 27th ish turn in paper work to IRB
IRB takes approximately one month ...receive response back around March 23-27th ish
Put Survey up via the web March 30 - April 13th
Close Survey April 13th
Run my numbers....April 13th - Early May
Write Chapter 4
Write Chapter 5
Turn my dissertation defense into advisor end of May
Wait on 10 day comment from committee
Defend Mid June
Library Crap End of June
Graduate August.......

Dr. IPG

So there it is. I am on track. My topic is good. My lit review is good.

Now a little post meeting breakdown. I got home from my meeting and although I should have felt elated. I just felt overwhelmed. I had a knockdown drag out crying jag. It was obnoxious. I am so glad I was alone. Perhaps I was coming off the adrenaline that had me keyed up all morning. I have no idea. However it was a weird weird weird experience. It was one of those nervous breakdowns that don't make you feel better when you get done. I finally fell into a catonic sleep. Very very strange. The stress may be finally getting to me.

3 Mad Ramblings:

Anonymous said...

Seems like all the ducks are in a row now! Your reaction was probably due to sleep deprivation and stress combined. Hope you're feeling rested this morning. Take care of yourself -- the light at the end of the tunnel is getting brighter by the day!!

IPG said...

I am in a much better frame of mind this morning. Although it should be noted that I am a crying kind of girl. I cry quite a bit. ;) It is the way I let off steam.

Anonymous said...

Glad you're feeling better :-) I let off steam by cussing like a sailor :-) "potty mouth" doesn't even begin to describe it!! Only my dogs are allowed to be around when I get going and as long as I don't get too loud, they're okay with it!!