Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year 2009

2009 Resolutions

1.) Finish my Ph. D. there are no negotiations on this one. 2009 is my year.

2.) Figure out what it is going to take for me to get happy and do it.

3.) Move to Phoenix by summer.

4.) Be nicer to my handsome husband Bey.

5.) Be a better daughter.

6.) Write my thank you note immediately rather than putting them off for 2 weeks.

7.) Stop saying “right” all the time when what I really mean is “I am not listening.”

Let’s see how I did on 2008 resolutions. I am going to have to check back in on the resolutions quarterly this year. Rather than writing them up in January and revisiting them next January.
  1. To help Hubby lose weight so he can pass his PT test for the FBI. Hubby passed his PT test, but then decided that he did not want to pursue his FBI career consequently we are moving to Phoenix for darling SD.
  2. To finish my Ph D in 2008.

Ugh this did not happen. It could have happened…but I just didn’t get my act together! I would have liked to have graduated in December, but I took the summer off and was a good Step mother…a worthy trade.

  1. To organize my study and get those books under control. I get a big A+++++ on this. My study is show room ready at this point!
  2. To get at least 3 publications this year. I have 2 plus one under review. I am calling this resolution done.
  3. To be a better daughter, wife, stepmom because family is important and it is not all about school and work. I sort of did a better job at this. I was an excellent stepmom, but I have been majorly failing or at least earning a D as a daughter, and a C- as a wife.
  4. To be a better friend and call everyone back rather than make them hunt me down because I am too busy to talk. I get a good grade on this one. I have been a much better friend this year. The death of one of my best friends really drove this point home with me.
  5. To not cook the same things over and over again, but explore new recipes. Another A+ here I did a great job on this.
  6. To work on the book and stop putting it off. No progress whatsoever on this. :(

Spent New Year’s eve in New York. It was fabulous and COLD. Big kisses to all!

1 Mad Ramblings:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I'm impressed. A great way to find out that you really are moving down life's path, reaching forward and looking back. 3