Friday, January 16, 2009

You can't always get what you want...but if you try sometimes you just might find you get what you need. Mick Jagger




I stayed up until 7 AM this morning working on my dissertation. I slept until 10 and then I went to work on my dissertation. It is probably crap because my poor tired brain could barely process "See Dick Run" much less academic quality reading and writing. :P

I have decided I am going to stop complaining about my insomnia, and start bragging about living life fuller and longer than everyone else. If I am only sleeping 3 hours per day that gives me an additional 5 hours a day that no one else is getting. Granted I take those 5 hours at 4 AM when it is boring, but hey when life hands you lemons and a bowl of cherries you make cherry lemonade...sugar free of course.

In other news I went back on my ADHD meds recently. It had to be done. There was going to be no dissertation with out them. (I have ADHD and have taken medication for it since I was 3. I quit about a year ago thinking I could handle it). I realize now that it was foolhardy of me to do that and try to write a dissertation.

To my darling Bey. I appreciate all the work you are doing on the house. It means quite a bit to me to be supported during this time.

0 Mad Ramblings: