Monday, March 3, 2008

The computer is a moron. - Peter Drucker

Well I suck. No really, I do. I had made a commitment to myself to be more "active" with my stepdaughter's siblings. Now granted I live 1'000's of miles away, but like for example I sent her siblings something for valentine's. I can do those small things. It is her brother's birthday tomorrow and no one told me. Now if I send a card it will obviously get there too late. I made the decision to get to know hoer siblings very simply. While her siblings have very little to do with me, they are very important to her, thus important to me. Simple logic really.

I have a unique situation. I actually like my husband's ex-wife. She was his wife while I was still a crazy hellraising party girl in college. How could I begrudge him that? They were divorced before I was even engaged (the first time, more on all that drama later). I think they were divorced five or six years before I cruised on to the scene. And in the great tradition of men. My husband was horrible to his ex; he is an angel to me. I don't feel smug about this. I have several rotten rat ex's that were demons to me, and angels for their now wives. Why men do this I don't know? But I have trained many women's husbands, so it is only fitting I got one of "those."

Anyway, his ex is nice. We get along. She has a good head on her shoulders. She is a good mom. She tells her daughter to be nice to me. She is funny, and easy to get along with. What isn't to like? She and my husband are oil and water, but I have an awesome way of handling that...it isn't my problem. :) See how easy that was? My stepdaughter finds this fascinating (that everyone gets along). She wants us to be a TV family where no one gets along and there is lots of shouting. However, all the drama that was her parents divorce happened long before I met her dad. I am not some CAB (Crazy *SS B****) that wrecked her parent's marriage. I am just her stepmom and crazy in my own unique and hopefully endearing way.

I am staying up late tonight...because I am finally all caught up! 100 percent. So my handsome hubby and I are playing hooky tomorrow. We are going to spend two romantic week days together. Just the two of us. My course work is finished (ok ok not finished but wrapped up until Wednesday), Work Work is almost done. Now all I have to do is go crawl into my bed with my charming trained angel. Night...:)

0 Mad Ramblings: