Thursday, March 27, 2008

Some Thoughts...

Sitting on an airplane it occurred to me that the long road to my goals are is almost complete. This time 8 months from now I will be Dr. X.

How will my life change once that happens? Will I slow down? Will I sleep? Will I start a family?

And I can't help but think that my husband's career will be heating up as soon as I get finished. Will I look back on my doctorate as "The Good ole days?"

Some things I regret:

  • Not insisting that they negotiate my husband a job upon acceptance into graduate school.
  • Letting some name jerk profs treat me like a serf for 2 years, and not telling them to stick it in their ear the first time they made me cry.
  • Starting school the same year I got married, and spending all my time wanting studying when I could have been enjoying my husband, and our first year of marriage.
  • Not going to Seattle on Spring break my year because I was too worn out because of school.
  • Not exploring my surroundings on campus more.
  • Taking my precious husband's love for granted. Thankfully I realized in time, and won't ever do that again!

0 Mad Ramblings: