Monday, April 27, 2009

Even a happy life cannot be without a measure of darkness, and the word 'happy' would lose its meaning if it were not balanced by sadness. Carl Jung


It is amazing what some improved weather, a heart to heart with your spouse, and some time spent in the company of good friends can do for your attitude. I guess I should also mention I turned all my anxiety over to God. It is crazy how I forget to do that. But I do.

Friday night I spent some time with my neighbor and my husband. Lately I have been having this niggling thought...if I believed in reincarnation....my past life must have been ultra crap. I must have been one sad dung beetle in the past to deserve such a wonderful spouse. Now don't misunderstand...he has needed some training, and we have come a very long way in our 6 years together. I bascially sat him down and said, "Lisent up, Bebe I never never never ask anything from you. I am happy to just soldier along. And normally I am happy as a lark, cher." Why I slipped into a cajun accent I am unsure. "But and I know these are scary words for you, but I need you."

Bey listened. Gave suggestions. Helped me plan to take over the world. Bought flowers (for the inside and out). And this is cute...he bought me the above terrarium... Edit Edit Edit draw your own conclusions...if I say anything more I will sound ungrateful. Bey is very sensitive about this sort of thing as well.* But I said thank you. And I am just gracious that he GOT IT (me needing him...not the terrarium).

Oh in other news...the fact that not only does my phone take pictures but also allows you to immediately upload them to Facebook...probably not its best feature. :D


* For our anniversary last year I got a Coach bag. A nice Coach bag if you like BROWN. I don't. I have blond hair and fair skin. I look terrible in brown and never wear it. Why he and SD thought I would like a brown Coach bag I will never know. I guess I was not enthusiastic enough about it. However an argument about whether or not I am a spoiled rotten brat ensued. So from now on I am gracious about all my gifts. Because I know they came from the heart.

2 Mad Ramblings:

Jamie said...

Ummm... Can I have the purse? I love brown & look good in brown... lol!

IPG said...

You never post on my blog...but now I see what I have to do to garner some posts! Have small leather handgood giveaways. ;)