Sunday, April 5, 2009

So I am 4 Days Late...

I promised to review my resolutions each quarter...to see how I was doing. That was due on April 1. Since today is April 5th...that makes me late. Here goes...the resolution review.

2009 Resolutions

1.) Finish my Ph. D. there are no negotiations on this one. 2009 is my year.
I proposed on February 26, 2009. I am collecting data now, and I am all on target for an August Graduation. This resolution is not done, but I am completely pleased with the progress here.


2.) Figure out what it is going to take for me to get happy and do it.
I have finally come to peace with moving. That has made me very happy. Also getting closer to my Ph. D. has helped. Finally getting through the winter has been an enormous help. I hate the grey days I have to put up with down south during January and February. At least once we move to Arizona I won't have to deal with the grey days any longer. I am not calling this resolution done, but giving myself significant progress.

3.) Move to Phoenix by summer.
House is on the market. I have quotes for moving. Almost everything is packed. We literally can not throw a dinner party unless everyone wants to eat on paper plates. And my china and crystal. Packed. No fancy dinner parties here. Not finished, but significant progress here too.

4.) Be nicer to my handsome husband Bey. Complete
I am calling this one done. It is amazing how easy it is to be nice when the stress of my proposal has been taken off my back. I am doing more wifely duties and picking up some slack around the house. I also have been a better cook and quite a bit more attentive.

5.) Be a better daughter.
Ugh I am not doing a very good job here. My parents are getting on all of my nerves. It is not entirely their fault, but they really really really are opposing this move to Phoenix. I know it is because they want us closer to them. I think it will make it easier for them when the move actually happens. Then it will be something that is done...not something that in their mind might not happen. At any rate, their opposition to this move has caused some lively discussions at the home of IPG, and between my parents and I.

6.) Write my thank you note immediately rather than putting them off for 2 weeks. Complete
Nothing to say here really. I have been doing a great job of this. Enough said.

7.) Stop saying “right” all the time when what I really mean is “I am not listening.”
I am doing horrible at this. I say right all the time. And it almost always means I am not listening. Or even worse I over use "right right." What that translates into is that I have not heard a word. ...

2 Mad Ramblings:

Anonymous said...

Pretty good success rate here :-) I didn't even bother to make any resolutions and some were forced on me (better eating, exercise, and so forth). Your resolutions were much more ambitious and in my book, you've done very well!!

IPG said...

Thanks hon! I swear I am going to call again soon. It is on the list!