Saturday, April 11, 2009

I want to do to you what spring does with the cherry trees. Pablo Neruda

I love the days in the spring. Summer has not rushed in yet to Mississippi. It smells divine all cut grass and sunshine. The otter has been active in the lake. It is impossible to feel bad on a day like today. One fantastic thing is that by moving to Phoenix I will be chasing the sunshine. I can feel like this everyday.

My mom and I have been enjoying our visit. The ability to chit chat and have fun discussing some of our common interest has been divine. Additionally I am pleased that she got to see the house in its real estate ready condition. The house really does look amazing.

I always enjoy cooking for my mom. She doesn't think she is a picky eater but she is. But I like cooking for her because it feels like I am giving back so to speak. For all the 1000's of meals she cooked for me. One of my favorite ways to tell someone I love them is by cooking for them. I am a good cook, and I like sharing my skills. Whether or not I make something complicated, I still feel like making dinner is one of the best ways to say I love you.

2 Mad Ramblings:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on the cooking thoughts and deed! :-) I used to hate to cook because I did it daily for so many years when the kids were younger. Once they were grown and gone, no more cooking. Lately I've gotten back into it because I have no choice but to eat low-carb. I've got several new recipe books and have been surprised to discover that I actually enjoy cooking new things now.

Glad you've enjoyed your time with your mom. I know she appreciates this too.

Jae Kim said...

I'm in the process of starting a social experiment via the web, and am in need of someone that can write really well. The details of the project is laid out on my website at www.accreation.org. I'm looking for someone that can edit the content in a more easily understandable format. Please visit the site, and contact me if you or someone you know might be interested in participating in the project. Thank you.

PS. This is NOT a paid position; I'm looking for like minded individuals who are interested in making this prjoect become a success. Thank you.