Friday, April 3, 2009

The great question -- which I have not been able to answer -- is, "What does a woman want?" Sigmund Freud

Everything. I want everything. haha

So I was packing up some stuff today. Sensing a theme here? ;) And I came across my wedding dress. I am not a sentimental person about things. So I was trying to figure out what I was going to do with this masterpiece of silk and bead wonder. My mom saved her wedding dress for my sister or I to wear. My mom is 5'2" and weighs maybe 98 lbs. I am taller and have longer arms than my mom. (Her dress is long sleeved). I outgrew her dress in the shoulders and the chest at 16. My sister is taller although lankier than I am. Plus I don't have a daughter.

The Audrey Hepburn dress that inspired my wedding dress design

SD might like my dress. But I am quite a bit more well endowed up top than SD is going to be. I also have no hips to speak of...a disease SD won't suffer from. Since the wedding gown is a strapless sheath these might pose some problems. After a good deal of pondering I decided to donate my gown. It was a custom gown and hand made. Fit me fantastically, and is amazingly beautiful. I hope that it makes some bride very very happy. I did save my hand made Italian silk royal cathedral length veil. Perhaps when SD gets married it can be her something old.


They don't call me a spreadsheet queen for nothing. I can figure out the TCO (total cost of ownership) and a what if analysis for you in 30 seconds flat. It is going to cost us....guess how much to move ourselves. If you guessed 6k here is your cash and prices. On second thought after that I have no cash. How about a sticker? I am getting quotes from moving companies this week. One would think this is because we have 3 cars and a boat. (Don't get impressed our youngest car is 6 years old and our oldest 20). But it is not the cars and the boat it is renting the trucks and the gas required.

We were selling our truck. We had a buyer with cash in hand, and decided to keep it. Here are several reasons why...1.) I don't want to buy a new car right now...I am in buying a new house right now mode. 2.) We don't need a new vehicle right now. Our truck is perfectly fine. and.........drum roll please 3.) We have decided to give this truck to SD when she starts driving.

I know she isn't going to be happy. But her daddy is a skilled painter and can paint it whatever color she wants. Most kids wreck their first car. So she is welcome to wreck this truck. The truck is 6 years old with 50k miles. When she turns 16 it will be 10 years old with hardly many more miles than that. It is better than NO car when you turn 16. Wow in 4 years I am going to have a kid that can drive. I don't feel old enough. Anyway, SD stop talking crap about the truck. Cause honey it is yours. :D

0 Mad Ramblings: