Monday, April 6, 2009

Life is a quest and love a quarrel. Edna St. Vincent Millay

When I argue...especially when I argue with my spouse I really like to win. I think I have a pretty high success rate there. But what really makes a good argument is the perfect selection of verbiage delivered with the ideal sense of drama. I also like having the last word. That is why I am sure you will agree that I really drove my point home today.

The long suffering Bey and I were arguing. He said, "Blah blah blah. Stuck in this student mindset. Blah blah blah. Something or other. You don't even act like an adult."
And I replied with this zinger, "Do too." and stuck my tongue out.

We both of course collapsed into giggles. And then we made up. So in a sense we both won.

2 Mad Ramblings:

Anonymous said...

First, see I'm a quick learner. Got this posting thing down. Second, I should read this more often - I'm so far behind (kind of like my grading tasks) I'd offer to drive one of the cars back to Phx for you, but you've seen me drive and this ain't Juarez. Lastly, to your question posed several dozen posts back, read the stat's - you don't get enuf sleep as it is. (Some how I fear you are saying Right, right). 3

IPG said...

Before I say Right Right...what question?

Lots of love!!!!!!!!!!!!