Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Life is too short to sleep on low thread-count sheets. ~Leah Stussy

My husband has a sinus infection. It isn't the Swine Flu I asked him millions of questions about it. Last night I finished all my work at 4 PM. When Bey returned home from work I loaded him up with Benadryl and Nyquil, thus insuring I had the whole evening to myself. I spent a large chunk of time talking to my friends on the phone...planning my summer...devising a strategy to make her cheating ex-husband pay.

After all that talking, and fraternizing...I was not ready to go to sleep when I should. So I popped an Ambien. I know better. I know that when I take Ambien I have to LAY down. TURN. MY. MIND. OFF.

Anyway, I thought it would be a great idea to email all the senators and representatives in IPGZona and discuss how they should change the name of the state. Really I don't think they should have their email addresses readily available to the hoi polloi to just let them email things willy nilly.

Today I have to be on a conference call that requires the computer. I am hooking up my second laptop side by side so that I can NOT ONLY be on my call but also working the New York Times crossword OR working on my dissertation. Today...the NYT crossword...tomorrow the world. :)

_________________________________________________________________
STOP READING HERE IF YOU DON'T WANT TO HEAR ABOUT MY JOB

So I got an email this morning looking for professors to teach "World Religion." I sent an email back saying I have academic preparation via approximately 1500 times attending Sunday School. I have not heard back....maybe that is not the academic preparation they were looking for...:)

PSA for a few of my lovely students...most of you are fantastic...

  • I have a few students this term that are trying my patience. Here is a tip fair students...if say an assignment is due on Sunday, and let's pretend you turn it in on Tuesday morning, also known as, two days late. Then it is inappropriate to send me an email on Tuesday at lunch questioning me on when your grade will be ready.
  • When I set up special office hours that I am available live for you to meet and talk to you...that are not required for me to do, but I am doing because I like my job, and honestly want to help. Please do not send me emails saying you are getting your hair done, and that is inconvienent for you.
  • I don't mind if you find and add me of Facebook, but keep in mind our relationship is never going to be the same if I see pictures of you doing a beer bong or vomiting. Also your future employers might not think those are quite as funny.
  • Why am I getting 50,000 emails about stuff that is clearly covered in the syllabus? Why? The only kinds of emails I like to see are ones that either say "You still have time to order before Mother's Day." Good catch, Nambe, I had forgotten all about Mother's Day. Or the kind that says "This is hysterical" and includes some youtube video I missed. If the email is to just chat...fine...if not ask in the classroom.
My Blackberry went berserk this morning at about 4 AM. It appears one of the places I work all the emails that were in the inbox were being redelivered. I had 456 new emails. At first I was excited. Then I realized I was not that popular it was just some weird phone glitch. I put the phone on silent and went back to sleep. When I woke back up...the redelivered messages had magically disappeared.
:D

1 Mad Ramblings:

Anonymous said...

Love reading your blog and glad you're back. Come on over to my place and pick your Prémio Dardos award :-)