Monday, September 17, 2007

Minimalism

Around the time I began to use words like "hoi polloi" and aplomb, a man I barely knew asked my parents if he could marry me.

The man was kind, but we were not even dating. The man I had known for one month showed up at my parent’s home while I was on Spring Break. I remember knowing that while I was hanging with friends someone was trying to change my future, and knowing that I would have to get a restraining order if I could.

My head pounded in my ears as my mother told me to come home.

She said, “We will be ok, but do you think he is dangerous?”

The blood pounded in my ears. But I did not feel like going home. At the beach, I knew pain awaited when I returned, but I couldn’t be motivated to go.

What happened was he had asked me to marry him before I went on spring break, which, means I had only known him 3 weeks then. But I exaggerated and said 1 month, because it sounded less crazy.

The five days I was supposed to be at the beach turned into ten. I thought maybe I would never go home.

_____________________________________________________________

As an update to this foray into the madness that is my mind at times. Shuggy is ok! She wasn't poisoned. Life can go back to normal.



2 Mad Ramblings:

anonymous female said...

Que?

Please tell me you are going to
1) Finish that novel you started
2)Tell us what this is and if it was real???

It got my attention.

IPG said...

It is mostly real. Exaggerated a tad. Just some crazy musings I was having....:)

Wanted to pop it up here for some feedback. :D

April