Saturday, September 8, 2007

You had me at War Eagle!




It is not you it is me. I just want a break. Can't we still be friends?

Ok. Auburn. My Alma Mater I love you. But I have got to concentrate on my school this term. I can not get wrapped up in football. They have changed the schedules so much. Here is a sample week.

Monday - Monday Night Football Obviously
Tuesday- College game
Wednesday- Sometimes some game
Thursday- ESPN college game
Friday- College Game
Saturday- Football Saturday College
Sunday- NFL football

So basically football every day. I can't take it. I love football. I watch ridiculous games I don't care about. I watch ranked teams I just want to lose so Auburn can move up. I hate Georgia so I always pull against them. I watch NFL teams I couldn't give one rip about.

But mostly I live, sleep, and eat Auburn Football. But my apologies to the Tigers this year. I can't. I love you. But I can't. Usually my emotions are tied with their triumphs and loses. I celebrate when we win. I mourn when we lose. Say we win. I live on cloud nine for about 6 seconds. Then I start worrying about our next game. Say we lose. I am in a funk until the following Saturday when we can fix it.

However I am taking 4 doctorate level courses. I am BUSY this term. I need more and more to focus on work and school. Repeat after me work and school. Not necessarily in that order. So like I said. Auburn Tigers...I love you. But this year...I gotta study.

All that said. I gotta get my homework done. The break up can start next week. The Auburn game is on at 8 CST.



On the rolling plains of Dixie
'Neath its sun-kissed sky,
Proudly stands, our Alma Mater
Banners high.

To thy name we'll sing thy praise,
From hearts that love so true,
And pledge to thee our
Loyalty the ages through.

We hail thee, Auburn, and we vow
To work for thy just fame.
And hold in memory as we do now
Thy cherished name.

0 Mad Ramblings: