Saturday, January 26, 2008

Rush headlong and hard at life Or just sit at home and wait. All things good and all the wrong Will come right to you: it's fate. Dean Koontz

Ugh. This past year I have been battling illness. Serious illness. Radiation, chemotherapy, the whole catastrophe. When I was first diagnosed my husband got on the phone with my mother in tears he told her he was here for the long haul. We had only been married a little over a year at the time. Here we are having been married 3 years (almost), he has stuck by me as promised. My mother relayed that story to me,and how those words he gave her were a treasure she felt. Obviously with my illness weighing heavy on my parents hearts they were pleased that I had such a wonderful mate that made the vows "In sickness and in health" and obviously lives them.

No one expects to get this ill at 29. No one expects that their body would fail them in such an infuriating way. I had so many goals dreams and aspirations. However miracle like a phoenix from the ashes I have stayed in school.

I am an independent woman. I take care of myself. I work hard. I play hard. I travel with friends. I take care of myself. Being sick taught me that I had to rely on someone but myself. I could not even drive for six weeks. I am a long way from my original energy level, but I am getting closer. I couldn't have stayed in school, and kept accomplishing my goals with out the help of my spouse.

Reflecting back on this past year has helped me see what a perfect spouse God has provided for me. Isn't it amazing that the day you get married you think that you love your spouse the most you will ever love him on the day you marry him? But it grows with each passing day.

Reflecting back via the school year it is amazing I am on the cusp of taking my comps. I will be a closer to my expected graduation date. I have started work on one of my comp questions. I plan to work steadily on my questions as I get my study guides. I also expect to be able to have my answers reviewed so that I will be able to go in knowing I am ready to pass this test.

So far I am studying 2 hours a day. I expect to raise my study rate to 4 hours in February. By March I will be studying 5-6 hours per day.

1 Mad Ramblings:

anonymous female said...

Amazing how some have a high tolerance for strife. Reminds me when Ann Jillian had breast cancer and insisted she keep her stage schedule just days after her surgery. She needed to stay busy or she knew she couldn't get well. You are similar.