Thursday, January 10, 2008

Winter Blues Not So Much

Today I was doing my schedule.
When you work from home and have started taking a majority of courses online you end up with a weird schedule. It doesn't require you to leave th house much, but can still be hectic if that makes sense.

I am traveling a lot at the first of the year. I will be in Miami January 30- February 3 giving a paper. I am going to have to suffer through staying at the Hyatt. Hubby will be joining me, and we will be hanging with some of our dear friends in Miami. If I can find their pics I will post them.

I get back on February 3 and leave on the 5th for San Diego where I will be teaching a course in a small beach town in Mexico. (Poor me). I will be there until the 9th. I liked the thought of East Coast West Coast travel right at the first of the year. I get to say hello to both the Pacific and Atlantic coast! Yeah!

I go back to Mexico at the end of March to wrap up the course. If this course goes well I will be able to teach courses in Mexico, China, Europe, and Canada like this. Let's all cross our fingers. While I am interested in those places I really want to finish my tour of South America. My sister took a fabulous pic of she, my mom and me in Uruguay. I will have to put that up as well.

At any rate I am happy to be traveling at the beginning of the year. Hubby is a bit traveled out and would like a break I believe. He hates when I am out of town though. So that is a bit of a draw back.

The way I see it a trip to Miami and San Diego will help keep my winter cheery. Hubby has promised to take me to Thailand or China when I finish the dissertation. (Well I will be taking us, but really it doesn't matter what is mine is his and what not). So I am scraping together all my Frequent Flyer miles, but I have worked hard! I am ready to finish this PhD and go to Thailand or Hong Kong. Viva la traveling bug!

0 Mad Ramblings: