Friday, April 18, 2008

Not a good day....


No I haven't heard about my comps. See the hash mark on the left side of my paper.

So I have my students reading an article about how text messaging and Iming are ruining our children's ability to spell it is the discussion for this week. Here is one of my choicest responses. However hold on to your hats! The week just started. :)
"i don't think that text messaging and iming is messing up our spelling and grammer at all I do it all the time and i can still spell the words out its just that when you are text messaging you are trying to do it fast its just a fast way to communicate not a replacement for spelling plaus every1 knows whut i am typing when i type b4 everyone needs spelling if no one could spell how would anyone have a job? i am not the best speller in the world but i dont think that any thing is running our spelling or young kids i think that they just have to step up the spelling with the math and reading you can read a word all day but u should be able to spell it like its nothing."

1 Mad Ramblings:

Unknown said...

I'm holding my breath and keeping fingers crossed for you. I know the waiting is hard. Looking forward to hearing good news soon!!!
~VP~