Saturday, April 19, 2008

“Art is a form of catharsis” Dorothy Parker

Last night I had a cathartic event. A friend of mine did not get a job she was promised. This caused her a lot of distress because she is a vet and is graduating on April 30. The clock on her student loans will start to tick then so she needs a job. ASAP. We met and had dinner. Over the course of the evening I confided in her that she had really upset me when my dog died back in July. She made the comment that dogs didn't go to heaven. I had never told her that the comment had hurt me, but it had been affecting our friendship. She told me that at the time when my dog died; she was mad at me. She thought I should have brought him to the vet school and let them help him live a little bit longer. I explained to her that I knew he was going to die. The vet had told me. I just wanted him to die at home with me. I didn't want him to die in a cage where no one loved him, all alone. She said her stance had changed since it had happened. She realized now that I made the right choice for me and my pet. Overall it was a liberating event because now we don't have that situation over our heads.

I am in class all day. Blah! I took a test this morning, and was so tired I didn't write my requisite 25 pages of answers...I only gave around 20. I hope it turns out ok. However if it doesn't....I am to the point where I almost can say...I DON'T CARE! Just kidding I do care, but I am really burned out.

0 Mad Ramblings: