Sunday, April 6, 2008

“While we are mourning the loss of our friend, others are rejoicing to meet him behind the veil.” John Taylor

To everyone that said your prayers for me last week. Thank you. I needed your prayers like you would not believe. I had to have my best game face on...and my friend's death made that seem all but impossible. Yet I did it!

I honest to goodness kept my head on straight. I also could literally feel all the prayers headed my way. I started to freak at one point on Friday afternoon because I felt like all the material was just going to fly out of my head, but it didn't. I sort of panicked that afternoon too, because another person in the exam was cheating. I sort of felt like that if that person cheated and they compared our two answers. My answers would not be as good. But then this amazing calm washed over me. Right then I knew...prayers were being said and answered about me right at the moment. It was an amazing feeling.

I am also going to be very honest about something. I know from the Bible that people do not become angels when they die. When I was about 10 years old, I told my pastor that when I died I was going to become an angel. My pastor carefully explained that wasn't how it works. However I in all my precociousness explained "It says everyone is happy in Heaven. For me to be happy I need the wings, halo, the whole deal." Horrifyingly this story has been repeated by my parents to everyone that knows me. While I was taking my exam, I swear I felt a nudge. I know my friend isn't an Angel. I also know that it is very likely it was a figment of my overly exhaustive and constantly wild imagination. But it worked during the test! And who couldn't use an extra guardian angel?

0 Mad Ramblings: