Wednesday, February 27, 2008

In its early stages, insomnia is almost an oasis in which those who have to think or suffer darkly take refuge. ~Colette

Sleep is perverse as human nature,
Sleep is perverse as legislature....
So people who go to bed to sleep
Must count French premiers or sheep,
And people who ought to arise from bed
Yawn and go back to sleep instead.
~Ogden Nash, Read This Vibrant Exposé


I am still awake. Have not been to sleep yet. Number of times tried to sleep in my bed 4. Number of times woken husband up getting in and out of bed 0. Number of times tried to sleep in guest bed 3. Number of times tried to sleep on terrible eclectic modern sofa in study 2. Number of times tried to sleep on sofa in den 4. This is about the worst I have had it in a long time. Of course I am exhausted, but I can't turn my brain off.



When you have insomnia, you're never really asleep, and you're never really awake. ~From the movie Fight Club, based on the novel by Chuck Palahniuk

I think I am exhausted...so I try to sleep then I realize...I can't. There isn't any sleep in me. However I am too tired to work/study.

0 Mad Ramblings: