Friday, February 29, 2008

I looked out and saw the outline of Belize, and I realized here was the place I had been searching all my life.

My husband and I have been having a negotiation session. I privately call these sessions a "real deal." What this means is that we are discussing his career mostly. He is applying for some federal jobs that I have mentioned previously. ;) Anyway, he wanted a back up plan for other federal opportunities. He mentioned the border patrol. YUCK. However like a good negotiator I knew this was my shot. I told him if he wanted to join the Border Patrol I would support him. However after his stint in the border patrol, I want to move to Belize. Something he has been objecting to ever since Natalie Holloway has disappeared.

I don't want to move to Belize because of any ridiculous I hate the US stuff. I love the US, and am proud to be an American. However I love Belize. It is like a part of me. I love going there, and being there. I want to retire there.

The problem with the border patrol is I don't want to live on the border or in Phoenix. I don't mind relocating to Phoenix after I finish school until my stepdaughter finishes high school. But after that I want to move right back south. Phoenix is ok. I like visiting Phoenix. My aunt lives in Phoenix. HOWEVER I don't want to live there permanently. Too far away from my parents, too far away from Auburn Football, too far away from all my friends, and I like my smooth wrinkle free skin that comes with living down south.

It is going to be tough negotiating the next year. I need to apply at some tenure track positions. But I can't do that until he figures out what he is going to do. It is his turn. We compromised and moved to Mississippi so that I could go to school. Now it is his turn. I sort of discussed this owing him a bit in my Trophy Wife post.

I begged a teacher for an extension on THE ENTIRE classes' research paper today. It is midterm and we have not received any feedback. The paper is due March 3, and I would like some feedback before turning in my research paper. It remains to be seen if I am going to be successful.
This beautiful duck is living in our backyard right now. I hope he stays as I think he is beautiful.

0 Mad Ramblings: