Monday, September 15, 2008

"Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." Napoleon

Why IPG? IPG stands for International Party Girl. It is sort of a tongue in cheek joke. I love to travel. So the International makes sense. The party girl part is the joke. Since working on my doctorate I have become quite the stick in the mud. : ) This prompted Bey to call me the original party girl. Which in turn became International Party Girl, and finally just IPG.

Here has been my life for the last few weeks.

Thursday- Scurry around meet with my advisor. Cram to get as much written as possible before I have to see her. Come in immediately after the meeting with my advisor and make all her recommended changes.

Friday- Work in the morning; do a bit of dissertation stuff in the afternoon.

Saturday- Spend the day watching football or going to football games with my handsome hubby AKA Bey. Work.

Sunday- Church and more Football. I also work on Sunday afternoons.

Monday- Feel guilty that I haven't worked on my Bible study. Work. Feel guilty about my dissertation.

Tuesday- Panic, as I finish my Bible study and in that same manic state work on my dissertation. Work. Go to Bible study.

Wednesday- Panic panic panic. Tons of work AND dissertation scrambling on Wednesday.

Repeat.

There. Has. Got. To. Be. A. Better. Way.


I need to hire some muscle. Rather than hitting me in the face with a Nerf bat they could just follow me around giving me meaningful looks. If I don't get busy they could threaten to break my fingers. Unfortunately I don't have any mob connections. I might run an ad on craigslist. But the "panic rat" as I have started to call the dissertation panic that throbs in my mind…is growing by the day. I have got to get a saddle on this, and get it under control. Even if it kills me.

1 Mad Ramblings:

Anonymous said...

Know the feeling all too well. Having trouble getting motivated to do anything but that which MUST be done (grading, answering questions, etc. etc. for classes). Of course I'm teaching 8 classes and just drowning in work. From 6 am to 6 pm five days a week I work. Then I'm just too weary to do anything else. My blog has wasted away to nothing.

And my "to do" list (personal not work) is so long I don't even know where to start.

just saying --

I understand --

I think my "panic" weeks are over and there were about four too many of those IN A ROW this semester.

*sigh*

vp