Monday, September 1, 2008

Ok so I took the week off!

I didn't blog from Costa Rica although I did have to work from there. I also visited Nicaragua on my trip. While in Nicaragua, I saw lake Nicaragua, the colonial city of Granada, and a volcano at Masaya (pronounced like Messiah). The beaches on the Pacific side of Costa Rica are lava beaches. They have black sand.

Costa Rica is more beautiful than anyplace really has a right to be in my opinion. It is gorgeous. I got to spend some amazing time with my family. My parents and I are quite close, and they live so far away from us. Unfortunately just as they will be relocating back to the south we will be moving west. It breaks my heart that I can not live closer to them. One of the best things I liked about vacation is that my flight arrived so early on Friday and left so late yesterday I had nearly a day and a half with my parents with out my sister. We are a tight family, and we usually get together en masse. So I rarely get to spend quality time with my folks just me. Also when I go visit them I usually take my husband. It was a rare treat for this oldest child to spend time with her folks alone...I probably haven't done that since I was 3.5. Kidding.

I also had a tearful reunion with my husband. I had been gone 10 days, and I missed him. I believe I have shared here that when I first got married my fierce independence made it difficult for me to adjust. However since late 2006, I have begun embracing marriage with all my heart. My husband is my best friend. He is the one I want to share every detail of my life with. When I am traveling it is difficult to be away from him. It is difficult not to think ...HH would LOVE this. Or I know HH would think that is hilarious too. Coming home yesterday I had an amazing reconnection with my loving man. He met me at the airport with 2 dozen roses. He cooked me dinner, unpacked my luggage, rubbed my feet where I had millions of mosquito bites (and I never ever get bites...this was my first time ever), and checked out the latest horror flicks so I could indulge. I am so happy he doesn't have to work today so we can spend the whole day together.

Work has continued to heat up as all the schools have gone back. I was exhausted when I got in yesterday, but I had to work for 5.5 hours. AND I was not even behind. That was just regular Sunday work! I am going to have to keep that in mind and try to plan better. I work oh so much better in the morning than I do in the evening.

I have got to finish Chapter 1 of my dissertation. I need to quit lolly gagging and just get it done. I don't want to cram it in a few hours before meeting with my advisor. I probably will work on it all day tomorrow and Wednesday to ready myself for my Thursday meeting.

SD is at her paternal grandmother's home. That spoiled little girl is the center of the universe when she is there...last I heard she was getting her hair done and getting a manicure and a pedicure. :)

0 Mad Ramblings: